My Online Footprint

I was born in the year 2001. This fact alone throws me into a category of people known as Generation Z. In this category of people, most of these people have been raised on technology and social media. We are the first generation to have been raised in a world that has started heavily depending on the internet, social media, and modern technology. Over the years, I've definitely spent my fair share of time online. But what kind of impact have I made? What kind of digital footprint
have I left out there on the worldwide web? To answer that, I embarked on a short journey of self-research to find everything I could about myself; and I was pretty proud. Although I am a member of this technology-infused generation, very little exists on the internet about me. I searched and searched for myself, but the most that ever came up was one of my social media profiles on Instagram. Even though I'd say I have a fairly heavy involvement with social media, most of my accounts are private, and I've refrained from linking things like my Facebook or instagram with other websites and applications. This has ultimately kept me away from giving my personal information away to random online marketplaces and consumers.
I've also mainly used Instagram and Snapchat throughout my time online. I have Facebook and twitter, but I'm never active on either of these. I think that fact alone increases my chances of privacy due to how many times Facebook and Twitter have been hacked and tampered with. After this, I continued my search for personal information, but I got no hits for anyone with my address, name, phone number, or anything else. The only thing I've found online that links back to me is my personal instagram account. In the end, I'd say I was fairly impressed. Not only did I expect to find a lot of information about myself, I also expected to be disappointed in how much Information I had surrendered through the internet.

Comments

Popular Posts